teaandtomes

Tea & Tomes

Reviews, Rantings, Book Memes and More!

Harry Potter Book Tag

Favorite book?

My absolute favourite book of the Harry Potter series would have to be Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince.

I love beyond words the memories that delve into Voldemort's past, giving his character new depth and giving his villainy a sort of sense, however twisted. I cannot ever truly love-to-hate a villain in a novel until we see his motivations. Characters who are pure evil just because never ring true.

I also like that this book is the one where it all comes together. The truth of the Horcruxes is revealed. Light is shed.

AND OF COURSE Ron and Hermiones romance starts kicking into action. *cries tears of joy*

This book fills me with the biggest sense of adventure. I remember reading this is the fifth grade, filled with anticipation, and sorrow by the end. That is why it remains my favourite.

Favorite movie?

Each movie has such a different tone. It's hard to pick. Yet, I lean towards the first and last movies.

The first fills me with endless nostalgia. It is so sweet funny, and full of wonder. My first introduction to the magical movie world of Hogwarts! It is absurdly charming.

However, the last movies (Part One and Two) are darker, serious, more complex and intense. They appeal to me now because the movies grew up alongside me. And these last two have such richness of detail and plot, such incredible effects, such suspense and action and fear and finally, triumph. They are my favourite as well.

Least favorite book?

Nope. Loved them all, for different reasons and in different ways.

Parts of the books/movies that made you cry ?

1) Snape crying over Lily's dead body. Snape saying "Always" Snape.

2.) Fred dying in the Battle of Hogwarts.

3) Tonks and Lupin, lying dead together in the Great Hall

4.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCNHVMIYqiA THIS SONG EVERY TIME

Admission: I did not cry when Dobby or Dumbledore died :/

If you could hook up with any HP character who would it be?

Neville f*****g Longbottom.

Or Oliver Wood.

What a cutie.

Favorite character ?

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Snape, Fred & George, Draco, Hagrid....I obviously can't pick.

What would your Patronus be?

A Snow Leopard or Fox! Because a) they are both cute and b) http://www.quotev.com/story/3671161/Patronuses-and-Meanings/1/

If you could have the Resurrection Stone, Invisibility Cloak or the Elder Wand which one would you choose?

Invisibility cloak! The books prove that the Elder Wand and Resurrection stone are both actually kinda awful. Also think of the adventures Harry has with it!

What House would you be in?

Ravenclaw, because I love reading and learning. I value to pursuit of

knowledge!

IF you could meet any member of the cast who would it be?

Emma Watson because I think I am in love with her.

Have you played any of the video games?

NOPE. But I do frequent Pottermore.

IF you were on the Quiddich team which position would you play?

Probably a chaser! It sounds the most enjoyable to me.

Were you happy with the ending?

In the books, absolutely! It was perfect. Their marriages, and careers, and the way the Battle ended! (Especially Bellatrix's death) Except that Neville and Luna didn't end up together, which happened in the movie.

In the movie though, I had another problem with the ending. Described by this post.

How much does Harry Potter mean to you?

The world.